The abnormal production of sebum caused oily skin which further leads to acne, blackheads, and blemishes. Dermatologists believe that oil production is an essential process to keep a skin healthy but excessive amount goes wrong. There are different reasons such as hormonal changes, clogged pores, and stress that can increase the production of sebum. Washing your face twice a day is a traditional method to deal oily skin. However, you can also try some remedies and homemade face mask for oily skin.
In this article, I’ll share 6 facial mask recipes that I trust most.
Egg White And Lemon Homemade Face Mask For Oily Skin
Egg white has been used for a long time by some ancient civilization to get beauty benefits. It has an ability to instantly remove dirt, pollution and excessive oil from your skin. Additionally, it carries a wide range of anti-aging properties which reduce lines and wrinkles to your face. On the other hand lemon rich in Vitamin C which boosts the collagen production and maintains skin’s texture. Furthermore, its antifungal and antibacterial properties also treat acne and blackheads. This is important to realize that lemon juice is an amazing agent to reduce dark spot over the skin.
Egg white and lemon face mask not only maintains oil production but also keep a skin healthy.
You Will Need
• Egg white – 1
• Lemon juice – ½ teaspoon
• Add both items in a small bowl.
• Mix it well with a spoon.
• Apply to your face for 30 minutes and avoid eye contact.
• Wash your face with a mild soap.
Honey And Baking Soda Homemade Face Mask For Oily Skin
I know it hard to deal with an oily skin but this remedy will go beyond your expectations. Honey is the oldest sweeteners which associated with numerous health benefits. It has many antioxidant and antimicrobial properties which protect your skin from free radicals and ultraviolet rays. Studies have found that osmotic effect of honey naturally absorb excessive moisture and maintains skin oil. When we apply honey over the skin, it delivers some amount of hydrogen peroxide which positively deals acne and other skin issues.
The second ingredient, baking soda also linked with multiple skin benefits. Its antibacterial properties and Exfoliant properties maintain oil and pH level in your skin. Baking soda works as an astringent to remove impurities and unpleasant oil fro skin pores.
You Will Need
• Baking Soda – ½ teaspoon
• Honey – 1 teaspoon
• Lavender Essential Oil – 1 drop
• Take a clean container, add all items.
• Stir them to make a fine paste.
• Spread this mask over the face and let it work for 10 minutes
• Rinse with lukewarm water.
Charcoal And Green Tea Homemade Face Mask For Oily Skin
Absorbing effect of charcoal instantly reduce oil from glands. The latest study found that charcoal is an effective ingredient to remove micro-particles which cause an oily skin. Moreover, it also helps to increase skin complexion.
While green tea is famous due to its antioxidants and chlorophyll contents which help to limit sebum production. The epigallocatechin gallate also present in green tea which improves the fairness of the skin and protect it from different environmental issues. This facial mask is an ultimate solution for an oily skin.
You Will Need
• Activated charcoal (powder) – ½ teaspoon
• Brewed Green Tea – 1 ½ teaspoons
• Bentonite Clay – 2 teaspoons
• Aloe Vera Gel – 5 teaspoons
• Peppermint essential oil – 5 drops
• Take a non-metallic, add all ingredients in the same order.
• Mix them well to make a fine paste.
• Apply to your face with the help of a flat makeup brush.
• Leave it for 20 minutes
• Wash your face with cool water.
• Repeat the same process once a week.
Aspirin And Lemon Juice Homemade Face Mask For Oily Skin
The combination of these two ingredients is simply awesome to fix an oily skin. Aspirin has some amount of salicylic acid which works as a chemical peel to your skin and control excessive oil. It also exfoliates dead cells and opens the clogged pores. While skin benefits of lemon I have mentioned above (for details check # 1). This is a very simple homemade facial mask for oily skin which you can also use for skin brightening.
You Will Need
• Aspirin – 8
• Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
• Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
• Grind aspirin to a fine powder.
• Now add lemon juice to it and mix well to make a fine paste.
• Put this mask on your face for 10 minutes.
• After applying the mask, add baking soda in a cup of lukewarm water.
• Take a piece of cloth, dip into the baking soda suspension and wipe the mask.
Avocado And Coconut Oil Homemade Face Mask For Oily Skin
It’s true that an oily skin reduces the risk of premature aging but it’s hard to deal with. If you are annoyed by an oily skin try this DIY face mask for oily skin treatment. The first ingredient Avocado contains a lot of fatty acids, vitamins, and some antioxidants which linked with skin development. Antioxidants such as alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, beta-cryptoxanthin, zeaxanthin, and lutein provide a defensive shield around your skin. Avocado behaves supernaturally when using it with coconut oil as a facial mask. Coconut oil itself carries magical properties and acts as a deep cleaner.
You Will Need
• Virgin Coconut Oil – 1 teaspoon
• Ripe Avocado – ½
• Raw honey – ½ teaspoon
• Little bit heats up coconut oil in a microwave to change its solid state.
• Add all ingredients in a small bowl, mix them well to make a fine paste.
• Apply to your skin and leave it for 15 minutes.
• Clean your face using warm water.
Don’t miss: Coconut oil face mask to look 10 years younger
Turmeric And Aloe Vera Gel Homemade Face Mask For Oily Skin
This is important to realize that turmeric is an effective home ingredient which has been using in different skin treatments by ancient civilizations of Asia. Turmeric has an ability to limit sebum production under skin glands. As a result, you get a flawless skin. On the other hand, aloe vera gel also good for an oily skin treatment. According to a study which held in February 2008, aloe vera gel is associated with a powerful anti-inflammatory effect which maintains the moisture and limits over production of oil. Additionally, it helps to reduce swelling and difference allergic signs to your skin.
You Will Need
• Turmeric – 1 tablespoon
• Aloe Vera gel – 2 tablespoon
• Honey – 1 tablespoon
• Add all items in a bowl.
• Mix thoroughly to make a smooth paste.
• Apply to your face and neck.
• Leave the mask on your face for 20 minutes.
• Rinse with warm water.
Additional Tips & Best Skin Care Routine For An Oily Skin Treatment
- Always make a patch test before trying a facial mask
- Wash your face before applying a mask
- Use this homemade face wash for oily skin
- Try homemade face mask for oily skin treatment instead of beauty cosmetics
- Chose alcohol-free toner
- Avoid going outside without a sunscreen
- Don’t take processed and oily foods
- Sleep at least 8 hours a day
- Drink plenty of water (30-day water challenge for a healthy skin)
- Do some physical exercises to promote a healthy skin
- Stay happy